Each Man Has A Merlin's Staff
Each man has a Merlin's staff
a mercury thermometers blood
that stretches out like a giraffe
that he saver with a belly laugh.
Its magic plumes out; and refills
an empty waiting alabaster bath.
From the stone comes a liquid-
water; and there on without frills...
Water then mingles into a new life
there on it forms a silken membrane!
All cells expand and stick too
pairing from my very own paring knife.
Oh a man has a Merlin's staff
my good wife, with silk web linen's
that'll take in the heavens graph
and grind your bones into bread...
Oh a man has Merlin's magic wand
turning summers vine into blood...
Here in this grotto he can’t abscond...
The reflection of his own disgrace
in that other reflecting, godly, face!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Each Man Has A Merlin's Staff by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots