A marvelous round orb,
in the neverending reaches of space.
So tender with it's comforting clouds of vapor,
yet so timid with its ferocious erupting volcanoes.
Full of life with its fish down in the sea,
mammals here on land,
and birds soaring through the air above.
And also so full of death and ways to die.
As loving as a mother with its cool waves and light breezes,
or as punishing as a father with its harsh storms and brutal weather.
So full of flaws and full of perfection.
The only planet suitable for life in this galaxy, unique in its own way.
Mankinds only refuge in the endless area of the unknown,
our home, our planet,
and even our dreamland.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth by Nyles Peele )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary