Earth, You Are So Cruel
Oh powerless earth! How long will you consume the innocent?
You shake in terror and terrify the breath on you.
You wash yourself When they are not done repairing their
Shelters. You are so weakened by the structures build
On you, you are boiling with anger. You sometimes
Let it flow down the mountain. Oh earth! You
Have covered your head and feet with ice for you know your
Anger. Why be proud knowing that you are full of moods.
You cannot even control your feelings. Speak up I say.
Stop the temporary pests that make them use their
Treasures. You are so selfish; you try to destroy their crops
By locust during the day. Why won't you stand up for yourself?
Why send the tarmacs to mess up their fortunes?
Why won't you realize that you are a coward. You should swallow
Your pride, it has no impact on their souls and it is pointless.
You should be ashamed of yourself for they are the one who are
Making you who you are. Perhaps you should think of the future
For they believe one-day, they will leave you and go somewhere.
By than to them, you will be history that is not worth talking
About. Change before it is too late for you. Shame on you!
Musa Ndhlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth, You Are So Cruel by Musa Ndhlovu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise