And I first bought bread from her,
As I was leaving change for the trade
She said 'enjoy the rest of your day'.
For years, I would then mutter in petto
'Enjoy this moment as it is'
The date of our making and this bread,
The birth of our son and the balm,
Enjoy this: the rigor felicitas.
In due course, I would be departing
On a cool oven day,
She'd say then 'enjoy the rest of it',
I thought, it? The rest of your rope,
The balance of your fate.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echoes by Marcel Aouizerate )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Blackberry And Apple, Humphrey Bryant
- Wife, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Odiodi, Humphrey Bryant
- Teaching Virtue, Naveed Akram
- Little Luci, Humphrey Bryant
- Resurrect Him, Elia Michael
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant