Part-way down a mountainside -
Above the trees, below the ice -
Something told me loud and clear
That I would find an edelweiss!
An edelweiss is here! I sensed -
Right here, behind that boulder bare...
I left the path, climbed on the rock
And looked behind - and what was there?
An edelweiss! An edelweiss!
Amazing silver double-star.
Iconic emblem of the Alps
For which 'flower-hunters' will roam far.
Time moves on - I cannot say
What led me to that lifetime's find.
Mere chance? Serendipity?
Heaven's blessing? Or a prescient mind?
Susy Evelyne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Edelweiss by Susy Evelyne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz