Soumita Sarkar Ray
Who said it’s enormously easy
to write an eloquent poetry?
Engaging consistency with concentration
Passion and patience in right proportion
Rhyme and rhythm coupled in imagination
Creative ingredients to its level optimum
Adorns the petals of a memorable poem
I am not a renowned writer.
Nor a poet of great repute,
still I prefer to share
few lines of a latent truth.
The dilemma of a poet
pervades every creative corner
What to write?
How to write?
What are the questions?
How to be answered?
Should I borrow an idea?
Should I twist an existing specimen?
Can I go lenient on the lineage?
Can I compromise with a league?
Beware of old thought’s repetition
Be sensitive seek not sensation
Touch new heights of continuation
Recognize the twang of variation
This will garner wide reputation
With an inactive part’s valediction
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elemental poetry by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson
- Another Conquest, RoseAnn V. Shawiak