Edward Kofi Louis
Poverty in the mist of riches,
And like the final nail in the coffin!
But my name is Elian to make a point,
For history is all that we know now.
No pay check can even motivate me,
As far as making people's lives better!
For i do feel the heat of the poor masses,
And like the trail which is on the rail.
Heartfelt grief and the stories of a recorded history,
But who cares about the plight of the poor? ! !
And life at times is like,
A Sultan's wealth from the oil;
And, with a battle in the Boitech Labs!
But we are marooned with a missing course.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elian by Edward Kofi Louis )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Roald Dahl
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)