Venkateswaran Krishnan Sreenivasan
Elusive Self Realization
A helpless infant at my mother’s breast,
Babbling and buoyant with zest;
Innocent and ignorant of my way
Or what will I be on a far off day.
Growing little by little by the magic power
Of the divine love of my mother
That all creatures on this earth share
In common, their little ones, to rear.
A toddler reveling in childish ego,
Running and falling, yet always on the go
In my little world of sport
With my pets and playthings of a sort
Adolescent pride transforms my mind
And body when humors begin to wind
The clock of my nerves, muscles and bone
To goad me to work on one’s own.
To learn to be informed about science and art
To get the grounding to play my part,
To shake off the roots of the dependent past
To go my own way to the last.
As a grown up in wedlock with a woman of my dream
And caring for each other in glee or gloom
“Till death doth us part”, I look aghast
At my subtle run away past.
Wrinkles of the ageing body and mind
Trounce me in a manner most unkind;
Still I remain ignorant like a baby
Of who am I and what I hope to be.
Venkateswaran Krishnan Sreenivasan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elusive Self Realization by Venkateswaran Krishnan Sreenivasan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Sweet angel, Marilyn Jean
- Silence, Breanna Choma
- only once will i will once only, Mandolyn ...
- Immense Pain, Michael P. McParland
- my fears, Juwon Daniel
- Destiny, Tom Zart
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan