Emanations’ embrace us…
Internally, but not without-
A few sapiosexual hats hoodwinked.
Yes, these vibrations tantalize us…
On the cusp of a libidinous, dream.
Yes translucent lilies unknot within us.
They ache as their flower towers wax raceme.
As their petal openings tremble aflame.
Whilst wild, butterflies aflutter …
Enthralled within these awful desires disclaim.
Their feelings are just pure theatre!
As rank perfume—spells beholden us… all…
Like that first pressing of the vine
Laced with dewy liqueurs divinity divine!
…Sopped-up by the sweetest emanations’…
Tempered and tapered in horizontal assignations…
Ah! In graven lips—the tongues leafy itch is fulfilled.
The gravestones grassy knoll lisps less we kiss.
Oh how cannot our lips our skins tremble at—this,
The flowers celestial, astral, eternal, bubbling, bliss…
Oh such emanations terrify … us?
Beguile us? Too be honest.
Only in secret does it come to this… nothingness…
We imagined that couldn’t be meaningless.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emanations’ by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas
- Freedom, Please, Sandra Feldman
- Billy The Kid In A Sky Blue Kerchief, mary douglas
- SERVANTHOOD, MYK NWACHUKWU
- A Thousand Words, Nelson Yang
- *VI*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- This Prismatic Day, mary douglas