Emanations’ embrace us…
Internally, but not without-
A few sapiosexual hats hoodwinked.
Yes, these vibrations tantalize us…
On the cusp of a libidinous, dream.
Yes translucent lilies unknot within us.
They ache as their flower towers wax raceme.
As their petal openings tremble aflame.
Whilst wild, butterflies aflutter …
Enthralled within these awful desires disclaim.
Their feelings are just pure theatre!
As rank perfume—spells beholden us… all…
Like that first pressing of the vine
Laced with dewy liqueurs divinity divine!
…Sopped-up by the sweetest emanations’…
Tempered and tapered in horizontal assignations…
Ah! In graven lips—the tongues leafy itch is fulfilled.
The gravestones grassy knoll lisps less we kiss.
Oh how cannot our lips our skins tremble at—this,
The flowers celestial, astral, eternal, bubbling, bliss…
Oh such emanations terrify … us?
Beguile us? Too be honest.
Only in secret does it come to this… nothingness…
We imagined that couldn’t be meaningless.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emanations’ by Mark Heathcote )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(563 BCE - 483 BCE)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Familiar Letter, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Wedding Anniversary Wishes -Bhaiya Bhabh.., Priya Arora
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
Poem of the Day
- Birthday, Gunde Narsing Rao
- Devil, Emranor Reja
- Elegy for Tomorrow, Jahred Bertolfo
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak