Embraced In Wings
The sky far away from here is illuminated.
I fly forth, aiming towards that light, but
the cold rain soaks my wings
and I'm alone again today.
Like the ripples on water, my distant
memories within my heart are wavering.
Right now, I just want to quietly sleep
in a translucent wind embraced in wings.
I'm looking for the whereabouts of the destiny I was entrusted with.
A swarm of falling petal-like feathers dance down.
One day, I'll surely be able to reach
the place that will be able to heal my lonesome heart.
My eyes reflect that place before me as I stare upwards into the sky.
I've gathered the fragments of my sadness.
Eternity is so endless and suffocating.
So much that it sounds like something someone would long for.
My dream is but a mirage. But now, somewhere
it's secretly and transiently blooming.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Embraced In Wings by Casey Jarrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Bay Bridge - Reflections on Yesterday, Nathaniel Dean James
- PONDERING, Satish Verma
- Smrt, Tanja Bulovic
- The March Of Mortality, Edgar Albert Guest
- At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishing Nooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day Of Days, Edgar Albert Guest
- Manhood's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Few, Edgar Albert Guest
- Improvement, Edgar Albert Guest