RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Caterpillaring, through life, having tunnel vision,
unable to see the big picture, because she's too
accustomed to seeing life the way she sees it.
To her vision, all is normal, nothing out of the
ordinary to jar her from her station in life.
Until another person stands with her, gives her the
courage to stand up for herself against an abusive
husband and leads her through a divorce to freedom.
At the end of it, there she is with her children,
an empty, tattered heart, emotions ruling her
throughout the years.
Not having the wherewithal to separate herself from
them and step forward into future realms of self-
Always holding within herself a recognition of all
she can be, but hesitates just short of her innate
talent of writing and her goals.
Frozen in a block of ice, not able to break free
completely, as her mind expands with literature
she's fearful to express.
(10: 38 p.m. - 2/20/11)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emotion's Ruling by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Pestle and Mortar, Francie Lynch
- I must strike, gajanan mishra
- Yaadein...Your Memories, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Religion, gajanan mishra
- gentle thief, Bull Hawking
- Xmas comes, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- Courage, Leong Ming Loong
- Thieves, gajanan mishra
- don't mind, Bull Hawking