Emotions: my emotions;
weigh: as does an anchor, upon a vessel;
my image to the world.
Wherein lies my soul; longing to be free: -
to ride the breeze, around the world;
to dance around the stars;
converse with Gods, from ages past;
to harp with ancient bards.
Alas: to love, to hate, to grieve;
be happy; then not to be:
a moody vessel I, and all who are my like.
Haul the anchor; set to drift;
toward a rocky shore.
Planks to tear asunder, my spirit now to soar.
Confined my soul, my spirit old;
should slip beneath the waves:
forever lost my spirit; trapped within its dying.
But those who own my image, come screaming to my head: -
“Come back; come back.” You wayward fool;
your life with ours entwined.
Anchor chain, through fingers slip,
my soul cries through the pain: - Emotions: my Emotions: -
have bested me again.
Phil Charters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emotions by Phil Charters )
- 경산(경산) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《경산(경산) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●구미 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미(구미) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘구미 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙구미 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿구미 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- The Art of Living, Bijay Kant Dubey
- 구미(구미) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구(대구) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)