I stare into this darkness,
hoping him i'll find.
But I can't see anything,
he's caused me to go blind.
I think my heart is missing,
or maybe it's just dead.
I'm falling into an emptiness,
I'm hanging by a thread.
I walk our old path,
hoping I'll see his face.
But I don't see him anywhere,
I've finally been replaced.
I wish he could see,
the tears he's made fall.
I'm waiting by the phone,
but still he does not call.
I crawl into bed,
I turn out the lights.
I cry I'm alone,
he's holding her tonight.
I die when I look at his status,
I guess they're getting married.
I didn't thnk it would end like this,
that I'd be the one getting burried.
It was all my fault;
I let him down.
I couldn't do it by myself,
couldn't hold our love above the ground.
I'll let him be,
let him close the door.
I'll let him live his life,
even if it means I'm left sore.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emptiness by Karissa Earley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An Interesting Breed They Are, Monk E. Biz
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis