I stare into this darkness,
hoping him i'll find.
But I can't see anything,
he's caused me to go blind.
I think my heart is missing,
or maybe it's just dead.
I'm falling into an emptiness,
I'm hanging by a thread.
I walk our old path,
hoping I'll see his face.
But I don't see him anywhere,
I've finally been replaced.
I wish he could see,
the tears he's made fall.
I'm waiting by the phone,
but still he does not call.
I crawl into bed,
I turn out the lights.
I cry I'm alone,
he's holding her tonight.
I die when I look at his status,
I guess they're getting married.
I didn't thnk it would end like this,
that I'd be the one getting burried.
It was all my fault;
I let him down.
I couldn't do it by myself,
couldn't hold our love above the ground.
I'll let him be,
let him close the door.
I'll let him live his life,
even if it means I'm left sore.
Karissa Earley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emptiness by Karissa Earley )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- the poet
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Television, Roald Dahl
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- What Is Right?, Kela LewisMorin
- Happy New Year, Kela LewisMorin
- 01 - A Little Talk, George Hunter
- Belief, Kela LewisMorin
- Tum Aate To, Akhtar Jawad
- Dark Crevices, Kela LewisMorin
- I Submit, Vera Sidhwa
- Nadine, David Lewis Paget
- Experiencing Humiliation, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woes Of The World, Kela LewisMorin