Today just like so many days I waste away to nothing.
Standing here, frozen by fear, I feel I must do something.
The light within has grown so dim; the sunshine of my being.
A cold grey darkness fills my soul; an empty lifeless feeling.
I try to smile and lift my eyes and think a happy thought.
My thinking is dead and I find instead; all happiness is lost.
Where is the life I had as a child the happy free existence?
Gone away, leaving me to face life where hope seems missing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Empty by Mark Normand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Interior at Petworth: From Turner, Rosanna Warren
- Likimani, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unbridled Ambition, Sylvia Perry
- LOVE الحب, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVING A STRANGER! !, Teboho petrus ntaita
- Days Golf, lee fones
- Maurice, Edward Kofi Louis
- Graffiti, Rosanna Warren
- From the Notebooks of Anne Verveine, Rosanna Warren
- Koffi II, Edward Kofi Louis