Many people know of God, but, do not know God at all,
But, they will see His Rod, as He judges great and small,
As many live opposed to Truth, living far away from Him,
And they shall see His reproof, when judged for their sin.
Head knowledge of the Lord, is very common in our day,
However, what goes ignored, is His Truth, along the way,
As they live out their days, of their life, God is not a part,
So He receives not their praise, for He’s not in their heart.
Some know that God exists, someplace in Heaven above,
But, their ignorance persists, about The God we speak of,
Ignorance, some say is bliss, as Truth, is not in their heart,
So Heaven they’ll surely miss, hearing our Lord say depart.
What may be more than worse, for men all over the world?
Knowing God, as just a curse, when Judgment is unfurled!
Even all who know He’s there, reigning over Heaven above,
But, who simply do not care, enough to embrace His Love.
Whether they just do not care, or don’t desire to know Him,
All souls on earth, be aware, God’s coming to judge all sin;
With only those believing men, through faith in Jesus Christ,
And through Him are born again, will be granted Eternal Life.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Empty Belief by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man