Encased in a Vacuum
When sunset falls,
When the dark envelops the land,
When our spirits are so low,
When everything looses their meaning,
What then do we do when emptiness greets us?
When we get encased in a vacuum,
When we are fooled by the mirage,
When we just find our appetite gone,
When warm greetings have no warmth at all,
Where then do we take our emptiness?
When our expectations are dashed,
When we stretch our hands and hold onto a ceaseless void,
When sweet words become soundless screams,
When talk has lost all directions,
Where then do we turn to dig the meaning of events?
When sleep is a restless nightmare,
When we sink in a forfeited brave palace in our private enclaves,
When we become empty people in a busy world of others,
When our own efforts not erase nostalgic memories
Where do we re-discover the art of self-composure?
When these heavens have no meaning in angels,
When hell is nothing but a haven of inner pains,
When we are simply buried in nothing,
When we cry endlessly,
How do we survive?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Encased in a Vacuum by Major Elazia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber
- Grass, smriti chhibber
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -70, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Had a Daughter, Adegbite Adeyinka