Engage In The Battle
As more evil begins to rattle, we must engage in the battle,
While we battle on earthly sod, we go in the power of God,
To God above we do belong, so in our Lord we are strong,
It’s by His authority we’ll stand, given strength by His hand.
It is in the Name of Jesus Christ, we’ll stand firm in this life,
Through the battle we are assured, in the Name of our Lord,
When we’re in the darkest hour, God supplies us His power,
All needed for God’s purpose, as we battle for Christ Jesus.
That purpose from God above, in this battle that I speak of,
All outcomes too, belongs to Him, in the battle that we’re in,
As we rely on Christ, our Lord, guided by His Mighty Sword,
That sword is The Word of God, as He judges with His Rod.
All Judgment is of Christ alone, by the power of His Throne,
As we are led through the night, by God’s Power and Might,
All power sent from on high, while in God’s strength we rely,
As God works in you and me, He alone, secures the victory.
To Christ we are responsible, as His purpose He does fulfill,
As earthly things about us fall, we are watchmen on the wall,
In this battle, with darkness rife, we witness for Jesus Christ,
Pointing to the ultimate victory, life in Jesus Christ, eternally.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Engage In The Battle by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson