Engage In The Battle
As more evil begins to rattle, we must engage in the battle,
While we battle on earthly sod, we go in the power of God,
To God above we do belong, so in our Lord we are strong,
It’s by His authority we’ll stand, given strength by His hand.
It is in the Name of Jesus Christ, we’ll stand firm in this life,
Through the battle we are assured, in the Name of our Lord,
When we’re in the darkest hour, God supplies us His power,
All needed for God’s purpose, as we battle for Christ Jesus.
That purpose from God above, in this battle that I speak of,
All outcomes too, belongs to Him, in the battle that we’re in,
As we rely on Christ, our Lord, guided by His Mighty Sword,
That sword is The Word of God, as He judges with His Rod.
All Judgment is of Christ alone, by the power of His Throne,
As we are led through the night, by God’s Power and Might,
All power sent from on high, while in God’s strength we rely,
As God works in you and me, He alone, secures the victory.
To Christ we are responsible, as His purpose He does fulfill,
As earthly things about us fall, we are watchmen on the wall,
In this battle, with darkness rife, we witness for Jesus Christ,
Pointing to the ultimate victory, life in Jesus Christ, eternally.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Engage In The Battle by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise