The streets were deserted
With loneliness all around.
As the cute couple walked
Holding each other's hands.
While passion reigned free
A hole unforeseen, came in between
With darkness pulling inside!
They halted, screaming in fright,
Saving themselves from
Drowning in the drains …
Eyes met, lips quivered
As lightning struck in sudden rains,
They vividly envisaged-
The pathway in life
During a long hike
Is everlastingly rugged …
Copyright © 2014 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enlightenment by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Canzonetta, León de Greiff
- The Old Umbrella, Bhaskar Rabha
- I am Just So Glad, Rohit Sapra
- The Rain(বৃষ্টি), Bhaskar Rabha
- Vistas, Odell Shepard
- Earth-Born, Odell Shepard
- An Old Inn By The Sea, Odell Shepard
- WeltMeisterSchaft (poem is in English!), Stephen Wylie
- Drunken Magistrate, Ravindra Kumar
- FOR A DESIRABLE WORLD, Satish Verma