The streets were deserted
With loneliness all around.
As the cute couple walked
Holding each other's hands.
While passion reigned free
A hole unforeseen, came in between
With darkness pulling inside!
They halted, screaming in fright,
Saving themselves from
Drowning in the drains …
Eyes met, lips quivered
As lightning struck in sudden rains,
They vividly envisaged-
The pathway in life
During a long hike
Is everlastingly rugged …
Copyright © 2014 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enlightenment by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- GOD'S GLORY, Tom Zart