Enough Is Enough
We are the guardians of this world
yet we try to destroy it with greed.
We chop down rainforests here and there
not caring about the wildlife who share it.
We fish certain species to distinction
not thinking what we do.
Mother Nature then says enough is enough
and throws us a few warnings
to take heed and mend our ways.
They come in the shape of violent storms,
floods, earthquakes and such
to show us she means business.
Still we ignore her warnings
carrying on as if nothing has happened.
We just carry on poisoning
everything greed wants to control
until one day and it will come
we will have nothing at all.
Poisoned atmosphere not fit to breathe,
poisoned waters not fit to drink
and cancerous radioactive sore no one can heal.
By that, time it will be too late
greed will have secured that
and this world will die along with us.
13 March 2011
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enough Is Enough by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra