Such entertaining faerytales
Such enthralling fantasies
I humor myself with stories of you and me
I humor myself with the make believe
I know how you feel
Do you know about me?
I doubt it.
Such entertaining daydreams.
Such enthralling hopes.
I don’t fall.
I simply hover in the air.
Waiting for the signal to let go
Waiting for someone to be there
Laughing with you is fun
Talking with you is fun
There are no mixed signals
I just read too much
One too many romance novels
A love story watched so much
I taunt myself with thoughts of you and me
I taunt myself with ‘maybe’
Because almost always makes everything better
Please say it does.
Vanessa Kingsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Entertaining Torture by Vanessa Kingsley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.