Such entertaining faerytales
Such enthralling fantasies
I humor myself with stories of you and me
I humor myself with the make believe
I know how you feel
Do you know about me?
I doubt it.
Such entertaining daydreams.
Such enthralling hopes.
I don’t fall.
I simply hover in the air.
Waiting for the signal to let go
Waiting for someone to be there
Laughing with you is fun
Talking with you is fun
There are no mixed signals
I just read too much
One too many romance novels
A love story watched so much
I taunt myself with thoughts of you and me
I taunt myself with ‘maybe’
Because almost always makes everything better
Please say it does.
Vanessa Kingsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Entertaining Torture by Vanessa Kingsley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah