Harry 'Breaker' Harbord Morant
When the last rousing gallop is ended,
And the last post-and-rall has been jumped,
And a cracked neck that cannot be mended
Shall have under the yew-tree been 'dumped',
Just you leave him alone-in God's acre -
And drink, in wine, whisky or beer:
'May the saints tip above send 'The Breaker'
A horse like good old Cavalier!
Harry 'Breaker' Harbord Morant's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Envoi by Harry 'Breaker' Harbord Morant )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid