Epic of You, Act IV
We rehearsed sporadically together.
We spoke our lines
but there was something more going on,
undercurrents swept us away.
We parted from the script
and started acting like free radicals,
crazy, beyond prediction,
yet contained by necessity.
Still, I can never get enough of you.
Your voice waters the thirsty regions of my heart.
Your eyes lighten my dim view of the world.
Your touch softens and aligns me.
Your heart beats synchronous to mine.
We are lovers at fundamental levels.
A small piece of me dies each time we part.
Yes! I got it bad for you.
I am immense when I am with you.
You fill the vastness of my soul.
I am insignificant when you are gone.
My rhythms are attuned to yours.
Let us ride the waves, waves that have no end.
Let us take advantage of our possibilities.
Let us love vehemently!
Let's experience it all!
Let us act together.
I love you!
End of Act IV
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epic of You, Act IV by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Unknown Realms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
- Everything Goes On, Fatima Nusairat
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)