Epic of You, Act IV
We rehearsed sporadically together.
We spoke our lines
but there was something more going on,
undercurrents swept us away.
We parted from the script
and started acting like free radicals,
crazy, beyond prediction,
yet contained by necessity.
Still, I can never get enough of you.
Your voice waters the thirsty regions of my heart.
Your eyes lighten my dim view of the world.
Your touch softens and aligns me.
Your heart beats synchronous to mine.
We are lovers at fundamental levels.
A small piece of me dies each time we part.
Yes! I got it bad for you.
I am immense when I am with you.
You fill the vastness of my soul.
I am insignificant when you are gone.
My rhythms are attuned to yours.
Let us ride the waves, waves that have no end.
Let us take advantage of our possibilities.
Let us love vehemently!
Let's experience it all!
Let us act together.
I love you!
End of Act IV
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epic of You, Act IV by Captain Cur )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Bridging The Beauty of New York On The H.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock