Epic of You, Act IV
We rehearsed sporadically together.
We spoke our lines
but there was something more going on,
undercurrents swept us away.
We parted from the script
and started acting like free radicals,
crazy, beyond prediction,
yet contained by necessity.
Still, I can never get enough of you.
Your voice waters the thirsty regions of my heart.
Your eyes lighten my dim view of the world.
Your touch softens and aligns me.
Your heart beats synchronous to mine.
We are lovers at fundamental levels.
A small piece of me dies each time we part.
Yes! I got it bad for you.
I am immense when I am with you.
You fill the vastness of my soul.
I am insignificant when you are gone.
My rhythms are attuned to yours.
Let us ride the waves, waves that have no end.
Let us take advantage of our possibilities.
Let us love vehemently!
Let's experience it all!
Let us act together.
I love you!
End of Act IV
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epic of You, Act IV by Captain Cur )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget