Erotic Lullaby For Bedding, After Roethke
Belly belly the hard boiled egg.
I map out of a dream.
Love a long necked boy.
Dance lips! Leaves of legion.
Jelly, yard dog! Leap to June.
Suckle me, honey,
long necked, boney onion.
Why cry when peeled?
Count the rings of a tree,
the circles of a breath.
The nose is a love.
Press me, press me.
Iron me soft.
A breath leans,
nape of jeans falling.
Wedge me, wedge me.
Be an ax.
Clap me, trunk of calcium,
bone of need.
Sing, throat, puller of weeds,
I day your arbor.
You arbor my seed,
egg of sway.
long necked, naked boy.
Lather I'd rather thee.
All egg is joy.
Warren Falcon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Erotic Lullaby For Bedding, After Roethke by Warren Falcon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Many Mornings Before Sunrise, M.J. Lemon
- For You, Michael P. McParland
- For Now (Know I Miss You), Michael P. McParland
- Footsteps, Michael P. McParland
- Flowing Red River, Michael P. McParland
- Flat, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael P. McParland
- Fighting Together (Perseverance), Michael P. McParland
- Fields Of Flowers, Michael P. McParland