Mid-night silence pours,
into the sea of heart,
unfathomable like thought.
Soothing Silence, Secluding Silence
enters the noisy part.
The calmness, the quietness,
dissolves into the soul
and makes me whole.
O gusts, Ye bewilder me,
I think of thee.
The change, the chilling change,
How strange! How strange!
The howls of wind, Shaayen, shaayen,
break the silence.
I inhale the enchanting fragrance
and feel the pleasing presence.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ethereal Equanimity by Farrah Zafar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
Sir Walter Scott
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I Still Miss You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Eid, Md. Ziaul Haque