Loyd C. Taylor
In the beginning the world was great, the creation was good,
But something was missing in Adam's neighborhood.
The heavenly sky was a perfect blue, the air pure and sweet,
What else could man wish what more could he need?
Each of God’s creatures had its mate, a true partner for life,
A companion for support through sorrow or strife.
But sadly, it was yet not so for Adam, for alone he is seen,
Sadder by each lonely moment, like a horrible dream!
We read that God said; 'it is not good that man is alone',
So, He set about to bring happiness to Adam’s home.
God gently took Adam aside and put him in a deep sleep,
Surgically He removed a rib to make a helpmeet.
God presented His gift to Adam, his wife she would be,
From that day forward and for all eternity.
She was superb in her beauty! A graceful joy and delight!
She is called Woman to stand by Adam’s side.
Adam’s loneliness is defeated with God's great surprise,
His gift of woman who shall become his wife.
Now, the sky is much bluer! The trees are a deeper green!
Songbirds sing sweeter, the earth in beauty gleams!
God creation is now perfect, the final touch of His hand,
His masterpiece is completed by creating Woman.
An awesome thing happened, as God always knew it would,
For through “Eve”, He turned 'not good' into 'Good'.
Loyd C. Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (EVE by Loyd C. Taylor )
- Immutable entity, gajanan mishra
- A Child, Mihaela Pirjol
- Undercurrents, Michael Mira
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Follower, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)