Loyd C. Taylor
In the beginning the world was great, the creation was good,
But something was missing in Adam's neighborhood.
The heavenly sky was a perfect blue, the air pure and sweet,
What else could man wish what more could he need?
Each of God’s creatures had its mate, a true partner for life,
A companion for support through sorrow or strife.
But sadly, it was yet not so for Adam, for alone he is seen,
Sadder by each lonely moment, like a horrible dream!
We read that God said; 'it is not good that man is alone',
So, He set about to bring happiness to Adam’s home.
God gently took Adam aside and put him in a deep sleep,
Surgically He removed a rib to make a helpmeet.
God presented His gift to Adam, his wife she would be,
From that day forward and for all eternity.
She was superb in her beauty! A graceful joy and delight!
She is called Woman to stand by Adam’s side.
Adam’s loneliness is defeated with God's great surprise,
His gift of woman who shall become his wife.
Now, the sky is much bluer! The trees are a deeper green!
Songbirds sing sweeter, the earth in beauty gleams!
God creation is now perfect, the final touch of His hand,
His masterpiece is completed by creating Woman.
An awesome thing happened, as God always knew it would,
For through “Eve”, He turned 'not good' into 'Good'.
Loyd C. Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (EVE by Loyd C. Taylor )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra
- Taking A Break From Your Busy Schedule, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI