Mel (Carmela) Patterson
It was a Wedding everyone had been looking toward
When a week before the Wedding the groom got floored
He broke his leg falling from a roofer's ladder
He and his bride-to-be could not have been sadder.
To the emergency room for endless hours of waiting
All the while the angst groom himself was berating
It was medically decided surgery would be needed
To the Orthopedic Doc bride and groom conceded.
Surgery completed, a full leg cast was applied
The disappointed bride bitterly cried
How was her Wedding going down the toilet?
Could her Fiance be trying to foil it?
Within the week he was bounding about,
Mastering crutches they let out a shout!
The Wedding did take place nearly as they planned;
At the reception the musicians struck up the band.
When all ten Bridesmaids and Groomsmen were announced
Each couple emerged to the howling of exuberant laughter
As one by one ten men on crutches sprightly bounced
The volume of jocular sound hit the rafter,
A fun-filled memory to last ever after.
Mel (Carmela) Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ever After by Mel (Carmela) Patterson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- "Twist these Big Tits Purple", Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -66, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stories Are Created, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- When Fresh Fish Fails, Richard Thripp
- center, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -65, Ronjoy Brahma
- Im sorry mom, claudia Fernandez
- Witless Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sitters And Their Dreams, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- There Is Nothing I Can Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar