Every day is a new day
Every sky’s a brand new sky, uncanny once again,
And every kiss, a brand new kiss, new one, no matter when.
And every love, a brand new love, new cherished every day,
Through lips and heart may slowly age, the awe-struck boy will stay.
And I will vow again and again to love you each day of my life,
As though each morning were the first we rose man and wife.
Just as meadow washed by rain is relit by the dawn,
Just so our love, as we grow old, will each day be reborn.
Jacob Gifford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Every day is a new day by Jacob Gifford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Need..., Mallika Achuthan Menon
- Driving Without Wings, Richard Allen Beevor
- AMONG THE RUINED INFRASTRUCTURE بين البن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Girl I Love, Phil Soar
- I've Found Love At last, Masereka Amos
- FOR A FATHER AND SON, Phil Soar
- Burying His Own, Masereka Amos
- the life ring doesn't fit, Mandolyn ...
- Unspoken Harmony, F. J. Thomas
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown