Theodora (Theo) Onken
Every Man's Erotomaniac~
She is so full of herself - always
So sure that another feels passion for her
He's all but a stranger - in reality perhaps an aquaitence
Yet, she is positive his love is deep and pure;
The question remains - is she psychotic?
A Schizophrenic or victim of a bi-polar mania attack?
She is sure that he 'secretly admires and loves her'
Declaring his love for her through signals, words or media fact;
She willingly returns the imagined affection...
With a picture or words of a most sensual prose
He - the unwitting recipient scratches his head in wonder
Hoping that her delusions would surely soon close;
She does not accept his denial of affection! ! !
She reason's in her deluded way - it must be a ploy
To conceal still - his real and forbidden love for her
Thus - she continues to live with her much deluded joy;
This is but another case of: de Clerambault's Syndrome -
Named after a french psychiatrist who wrote a comprehensive view
He covered this diseased Psychotic state completely...
It is called: 'Les Psychoses Passionelles' -It's accurate & true;
By, Theodora Onken
Just another write on mental illness**
From Psychosis to borderline personality disorder - like psychopathy
Fascinated by all of it;
This is a true story. She continued to do it again and again - before she got help...she could never take a hint - never thought about the fact that she was being foolish...i did not know her - only about her
** Would also like to add - that this situation is oft time reversed - and the erotomaniac is a male -; Seen more often in women; there are case history's involving men as well.
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Every Man's Erotomaniac~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy