devon da poet
Every mistakes, every failure, every doubts and disaster is shaping me into a man.
I've stumbled so many times, the tears I've cried were like rain storms.
My faith was tested, my mind was stressed and my heart was pressed.
I've surpassed my uttermost limit, simply trying to push a bit harder.
I'm stronger, simply because of everything I've encountered.
Now I smile less and think more; life's no joke.
Every step I take widens my horizon.
Every breath I breathe brings me closer to accomplishing my dreams.
Every cuff I squeeze makes me more and more confident.
I'm overcoming all of my fears and challenges.
Like a lion I'm bolder and braver.
I'm still trying to maintain my humility because I detest cockiness.
Everything I've learnt throughout the years has made me more resilient.
I've forgotten and forgiven my past, now I choose to meditate only on the present, keeping the future in God's hands.
I've learnt to embrace the truths, and harness my emotions when I'm bombarded with the inevitable.
I'm now intimate with myself because self-love is key to security.
The cosmos keeps my forever joyful, I just can't stop enjoying the beauty that the sky exhibits.
Everything in this world has its purpose. Everyone has their use.
I've learnt to embrace the tides and gusts as they come in different force and forms.
I've learnt to be an independent being.
The potency in my spirit is like an eagle's wings; I can quickly fly my way to success.
I count and name my blessing one at a time.
I'm thankful and grateful for every opportunity that were rendered unto me.
I'm purpose driven and I've proven to be a victor and a triumph.
I've learnt to leave a flag upon every rock that I climb just for tenacity's sake.
I want to appreciate those who've helped me along the way; God, my mom, my siblings, spiritual peers, and everything that has contributed to the man I am today.
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everything by devon da poet )
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)