devon da poet
Every mistakes, every failure, every doubts and disaster is shaping me into a man.
I've stumbled so many times, the tears I've cried were like rain storms.
My faith was tested, my mind was stressed and my heart was pressed.
I've surpassed my uttermost limit, simply trying to push a bit harder.
I'm stronger, simply because of everything I've encountered.
Now I smile less and think more; life's no joke.
Every step I take widens my horizon.
Every breath I breathe brings me closer to accomplishing my dreams.
Every cuff I squeeze makes me more and more confident.
I'm overcoming all of my fears and challenges.
Like a lion I'm bolder and braver.
I'm still trying to maintain my humility because I detest cockiness.
Everything I've learnt throughout the years has made me more resilient.
I've forgotten and forgiven my past, now I choose to meditate only on the present, keeping the future in God's hands.
I've learnt to embrace the truths, and harness my emotions when I'm bombarded with the inevitable.
I'm now intimate with myself because self-love is key to security.
The cosmos keeps my forever joyful, I just can't stop enjoying the beauty that the sky exhibits.
Everything in this world has its purpose. Everyone has their use.
I've learnt to embrace the tides and gusts as they come in different force and forms.
I've learnt to be an independent being.
The potency in my spirit is like an eagle's wings; I can quickly fly my way to success.
I count and name my blessing one at a time.
I'm thankful and grateful for every opportunity that were rendered unto me.
I'm purpose driven and I've proven to be a victor and a triumph.
I've learnt to leave a flag upon every rock that I climb just for tenacity's sake.
I want to appreciate those who've helped me along the way; God, my mom, my siblings, spiritual peers, and everything that has contributed to the man I am today.
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everything by devon da poet )
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)