Got caught up in your glory once again
Still shrouded by this coat of immortal sin
Playing shallow games I cannot win
But I'm still pretending every thing's okay
I've had my dreams broken along this road
I'm left a lonely man with nothing left to show
I want to tell you things but you just don't want to know
I guess I'll sit back and pretend that every thing's okay
I watch you as you waste your life away
I see you as you regret your every day
I wish things would have stayed the same
And then I wouldn't have to pretend that every thing's okay
I've heard all these words before
From the same credible source
When it rains, it always seems to pour
But when I'm drowning I'll still pretend that every thing's okay
If I finally dissapeared
Would your soul become consumed in fear?
Would you wallow in your tears?
Or would you stay calm and pretend that every thing's okay?
What if if finally walked away?
How could you live with yourself that day?
When I have nothing left to say
When I have nothing to do but pretend every thing's okay.
I'm always pretending that every thing's okay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everything's Okay by King Midas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez