Got caught up in your glory once again
Still shrouded by this coat of immortal sin
Playing shallow games I cannot win
But I'm still pretending every thing's okay
I've had my dreams broken along this road
I'm left a lonely man with nothing left to show
I want to tell you things but you just don't want to know
I guess I'll sit back and pretend that every thing's okay
I watch you as you waste your life away
I see you as you regret your every day
I wish things would have stayed the same
And then I wouldn't have to pretend that every thing's okay
I've heard all these words before
From the same credible source
When it rains, it always seems to pour
But when I'm drowning I'll still pretend that every thing's okay
If I finally dissapeared
Would your soul become consumed in fear?
Would you wallow in your tears?
Or would you stay calm and pretend that every thing's okay?
What if if finally walked away?
How could you live with yourself that day?
When I have nothing left to say
When I have nothing to do but pretend every thing's okay.
I'm always pretending that every thing's okay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Everything's Okay by King Midas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- अब भूल जाना है दिल की सुनना - ab bhul ja.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Himself a PoetSittng, Daniel Brick
- Losing the Touch, Kim Barney
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss