Evil And Good
Evil thinks it’s ruling,
It’s rapid everywhere;
In past you had to be careful at night.
Now daytime, beware.
Evil you think you’re in control,
That killing and robbing, is easy for you.
Good’s here to tell you, “You reap what you sow”
You’re getting a critical review.
Evil you’re the devil.
You know how I know?
One letter in front of your name;
A d told me so.
Now let’s look at all the letters,
And see what your name will reveal.
D E V I L
Veil; hid the face, to conceal.
Vile; wicked, worthless, mean, morally impure.
Idle; useless, vain.
Lie; an intentional violation of truth.
Live; you are real, you actually exist.
But, you are going to die!
Now let’s look at the letters in GOOD;
There’s one word that really stands out.
God; the creator and ruler of the universe.
Let’s give good a shout!
Evil you might as well give up.
Put your weapons down.
There’s a powerful force taking over;
Called good, and it won’t back down.
Copyright 2009-Phyllis Strong
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evil And Good by Phyllis Strong )
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher