Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
When and where,
Did a bombing done to increase peace...
Has this ever shown to be effective,
With a peace to keep.
And when and where,
Did a hatred cease to put a stop to creating...
Sophisticated weapons to unleash destruction,
To test how many innocent people...
Can be put to their needless deaths.
Just to have those wishing to pump up their chests,
To prove they are capable to exterminate...
With evil intentions as they are meant.
When and where they choose to please their egos.
No 'will' that is divine,
That claims to be in this state of conscious mind...
Would continue to define their actions,
As those that represent the wishes of God.
If 'God' is, indeed, in the midst of these misdeeds,
To have life destroyed to leave survivors weeping...
With a suffering done and left pleading on their knees.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.