Lawrence S. Pertillar
When and where,
Did a bombing done to increase peace...
Has this ever shown to be effective,
With a peace to keep.
And when and where,
Did a hatred cease to put a stop to creating...
Sophisticated weapons to unleash destruction,
To test how many innocent people...
Can be put to their needless deaths.
Just to have those wishing to pump up their chests,
To prove they are capable to exterminate...
With evil intentions as they are meant.
When and where they choose to please their egos.
No 'will' that is divine,
That claims to be in this state of conscious mind...
Would continue to define their actions,
As those that represent the wishes of God.
If 'God' is, indeed, in the midst of these misdeeds,
To have life destroyed to leave survivors weeping...
With a suffering done and left pleading on their knees.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evil Intentions by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Reflection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)