Lawrence S. Pertillar
When and where,
Did a bombing done to increase peace...
Has this ever shown to be effective,
With a peace to keep.
And when and where,
Did a hatred cease to put a stop to creating...
Sophisticated weapons to unleash destruction,
To test how many innocent people...
Can be put to their needless deaths.
Just to have those wishing to pump up their chests,
To prove they are capable to exterminate...
With evil intentions as they are meant.
When and where they choose to please their egos.
No 'will' that is divine,
That claims to be in this state of conscious mind...
Would continue to define their actions,
As those that represent the wishes of God.
If 'God' is, indeed, in the midst of these misdeeds,
To have life destroyed to leave survivors weeping...
With a suffering done and left pleading on their knees.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evil Intentions by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Beauty Never Lasts, Bareerah Bilal
- The Trail of the Snail, Frank Weedings
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
- Phenomenal Woman या 'सम्पूर्ण स्त्री' (H.., Rajnish Manga
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)