Lawrence S. Pertillar
When and where,
Did a bombing done to increase peace...
Has this ever shown to be effective,
With a peace to keep.
And when and where,
Did a hatred cease to put a stop to creating...
Sophisticated weapons to unleash destruction,
To test how many innocent people...
Can be put to their needless deaths.
Just to have those wishing to pump up their chests,
To prove they are capable to exterminate...
With evil intentions as they are meant.
When and where they choose to please their egos.
No 'will' that is divine,
That claims to be in this state of conscious mind...
Would continue to define their actions,
As those that represent the wishes of God.
If 'God' is, indeed, in the midst of these misdeeds,
To have life destroyed to leave survivors weeping...
With a suffering done and left pleading on their knees.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evil Intentions by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul