Excersize In Futility
Like water through my fingers
Time evades my grasp.
as uncatchable as wind.
Oh, how I long to possess
that which possesses all, in time.
Metal, mountain, ocean, life-
each are as a dropp of water
into an ocean when faced
with this Force to be Reckoned With.
Will it be mine, before I depart this Mortal Coil?
Ironic, isnt it, for only Time will tell!
Adam Zank's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Excersize In Futility by Adam Zank )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Raymond J Wright
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- The New Me, Joshua Hillard
- My Dreams, Joshua Hillard
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR