Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Don't get me mixed up with an image fixed.
Or innuendos heard through quick and juicy gossip.
I may feel to feed you with perceptions to believe are real.
But as those perceptions go to fade away,
As fashionable as a fad had to pass to be forgotten...
So does my appetite to appease and appeal,
To those with expectations existing to feast upon...
Limited insights long left behind and gone.
I'm here to bloom.
Not to wither prematurely.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.