Lawrence S. Pertillar
If one with 'good' credit,
Is still paying on debts.
Why is one without any debts at all,
Considered a credit risk?
Or can not achieve a credit rating!
And the one with debts...
Is pursued to go even further in it?
Or at best,
Has a low credit standing!
Can achieve even 'more' credit,
IF debts are kept at a minimal amount!
The one who can not make a bill payment at all,
Is sought to make 'arrangements'!
And 'this' is a way of life that's loved?
Leaving those unemployed who lose benefits,
To lower unemployment statistics...
Even though they can not find jobs!
And those hopping the fence illegally,
No vested interest.
No signs of reading, writing, speaking
OR understanding the language...
Are offered retirement packages,
WITH health coverage!
And they wonder 'why' wild animals
Are leaving the forest in droves!
Many are seen escorting their young,
To soften the hardest of hearts!
There's a wolf attacking our pet dog,
In the backyard!
Aren't those eyes just adorable? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Explain by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)