Exploring Happiness #61- About Money
Money is not irrelevant.
It is necessary for buying food.
It is necessary for obtaining
shelter, clothes, medical care,
and for our continuing happiness,
our ultimate survival.
It is not materialistic
to want enough money
to survive and to flourish.
Making money and spending wisely
is an essential component
of viewing life
with mature eyes.
Money is a necessary component of our lives and when used wisely can enhance the comfort and quality of living.
There is a vast difference between working hard and sacrificing for luxuries or working hard and sacrificing for necessities. One is about status and the other is about survival.
A mature attitude about money whether one has too much or too little is essential to living a happy life.
Because each of us is so different in our earning ability and our previous financial assets, it is important to assess ones own real needs and not compare ourselves with the life choices of others.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The only thing money gives you is
the freedom of not worrying about money.
Money is better than poverty
if only for financial reasons.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exploring Happiness #61- About Money by June Stepansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma
- She brings me the greatest kind of delig.., Gert Strydom
- Metallurgy, Gert Strydom
- Stolen Heart, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare