Exploring Happiness #61- About Money
Money is not irrelevant.
It is necessary for buying food.
It is necessary for obtaining
shelter, clothes, medical care,
and for our continuing happiness,
our ultimate survival.
It is not materialistic
to want enough money
to survive and to flourish.
Making money and spending wisely
is an essential component
of viewing life
with mature eyes.
Money is a necessary component of our lives and when used wisely can enhance the comfort and quality of living.
There is a vast difference between working hard and sacrificing for luxuries or working hard and sacrificing for necessities. One is about status and the other is about survival.
A mature attitude about money whether one has too much or too little is essential to living a happy life.
Because each of us is so different in our earning ability and our previous financial assets, it is important to assess ones own real needs and not compare ourselves with the life choices of others.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The only thing money gives you is
the freedom of not worrying about money.
Money is better than poverty
if only for financial reasons.
June Stepansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exploring Happiness #61- About Money by June Stepansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan