Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
11.68 Billion Profit
Eleven billion, six hundred eighty million
Is what Exxon made in ninety days
One hundred thirty million in one day
Are the profits that, America pays.
Five and one-half million in an hour
And ninety thousand for each minute
Fifteen hundred for each second
For that gas liquid, which we covet.
That’s just profits from, one company
Of the scores, that sell us gas and oil
While we pay four bucks per gallon
From those falling wages, of our toil.
While their profits go through the roof
Everything we buy, costs so much more
From those toxic goods from foreign lands
To Salmonella, from, the grocery store.
The oil companies and our government
Have us clamoring to drill for more
Exactly what they want us to do
So they can do ANWR and offshore.
It’s just another of those great con jobs
To keep us from, developing new ways
To become, independent from their racket
That, just pays, and pays, and pays, and pays.
Del “Abe” Jones
Del a.k.a. Abe Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exxon Profits by Del a.k.a. Abe Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In this city, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Silent Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Sweet Babe, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- La cura' el mate, Leónidas Lamborghini
- Cymbal of time, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- বিবেকের দংশন, Amitava Sur
- (untitled), John Daniel Thieme