with her slippers of glass,
clicks her heels three times
and is drawn into a world
of yellow brick roads.
Where the trees throw at her
their poisoned apples
those which, if she bites
she is obliged into an endless sleep.
Seven men place her
under a case
and again we’re back to glass.
In the tower the hourglass is running out.
A trio of oddities rescues her
those without wits, heart, or courage
but she flies back home
in a hot air balloon
and upon reaching the ground
the balloon converts into pumpkin mush
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fairytale by Lindsay Elise )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira
- Suzette, Edward Kofi Louis
- Magdalene, Chromium Blues
- White Butterfly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Victim, Teedy Dawn