Alon Calinao Dy
Faith in God
I was four years old
When I didn't believe in God.
I thought God was not true,
But He helped me when I felt blue.
In my dream, I saw the Lord Jesus Christ.
He told me He died for us
For the forgiveness of our sins
And for the fulfillment of the New Testament.
When I woke up that night,
I cried so hard.
Now I truly understand
And I won't let Jesus out of my sight.
I know there are things that are hard
For someone like me to comprehend,
Yet I never lose my hope and faith
Because God is my food of strength.
Today I promise myself to be good
And spread the words of our Lord God
Even in my own little ways
I'll serve him all my remaining days.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faith in God by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
- Siberian Tiger, Denis Martindale
- Hanae, Marites C. Cayetano
- Adagio, Elizabeth Shield
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)