In the admin office at St Mary’s Kirk,
She sits and watches her mistress work.
Upon a chair, she’s contentedly curled –
Daydreaming in her own little world.
She shifts her gaze every once in a while,
When her mistress rises to retrieve a file.
Of her mistress’ movements, she keeps a note;
Upon her mistress, she devotedly dotes.
As soon as her mistress heads for the door,
She sets her four paws upon the stone floor.
Of each other, they are extremely fond –
They’ve developed a really special bond.
In her caramel coat, she is sleek and lean.
In the church office, she’s very often seen.
To office visitors, she poses no threat –
She’s quiet and placid – a well-behaved pet.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faithful Friend by Angela Wybrow )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck