~ Fallen Angel ~ Part 6
The days and nights went by,
but for the princess time is still.
Her eyes peer endlessly the sky.
They say: "Poor thing, she must be ill."
And an illness it is, alright
Twisting and turning at night
No piece of mind,
no peace of heart.
The princess knew the secret now
of the angel's sacred place
where twilight meets the breaking dawn
in a lover's endless embrace.
By the lake, in the enchanted forest
there was a gate with stony doors
untouched by time or tempest,
by nature or by wars.
If I could touch the Heaven's gate
Just once, what it'll be?
The cold and perfect feathered world
With earthly eyes I'll see.
There is no danger up ahead
I'm curious, I burn!
And after clenching all this thirst
I swear, I will return…
Irinuca Felixuca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ Fallen Angel ~ Part 6 by Irinuca Felixuca )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra