Fallen Angel's Song
I once had wings to fly
but now on the cold black ground I do cry
no comfort, no joy
feels like I'm the Devil's new toy
why did I believe his lies? Let him convince me to turn my back to my Father
O Dear Creator hear my plea, please hear my holler!
I am so very sorry
please won't you forgive me?
look at me crying here
how I long for you to be near
O Father can't you hear me?
how I am so sorry?
I know you'll never let me come back home
but Father please show me you haven't left me all alone
Father, oh Creator do you still care?
though I am here and you are there?
Father do you hate me?
O I have failed you, give me my deserved misery
Father I hope one day
that you might look my way
at your fallen angel here
hoping against the knowledge that it will never be that my way you should peer
O Father please forgive me
Carla Kitts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen Angel's Song by Carla Kitts )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak