Falling in Love.
Can be nothing less than sometime
Encountering briefly one pair of eyes
Meeting your own, with opining
Conviction that can't be disguised.
There's been a meeting of souls.
A love at first sight, a homing
Towards long sought -after goals
Of oneness. Now fate is enthroned,
With inner desires aspiring
To taste the first fruits, and to bite
Into deep passion. Love feels right.
Or, falling in love can, instead
Need considerable time, a first
Liking can turn into steady
Approval of traits, non the worse
For a second or third viewing.
Thus love begins growing, with quiet
Admiration, needing no cues
From seductive signs, with diet
Of everyday care, friendship might
Become love. This too can feel right.
There is no better or worse way.
True love calls, but better to stay
Upright before starting to fall
As love can make more than one call.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling in Love. by Fay Slimm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson