Falling in Love.
Can be nothing less than sometime
Encountering briefly one pair of eyes
Meeting your own, with opining
Conviction that can't be disguised.
There's been a meeting of souls.
A love at first sight, a homing
Towards long sought -after goals
Of oneness. Now fate is enthroned,
With inner desires aspiring
To taste the first fruits, and to bite
Into deep passion. Love feels right.
Or, falling in love can, instead
Need considerable time, a first
Liking can turn into steady
Approval of traits, non the worse
For a second or third viewing.
Thus love begins growing, with quiet
Admiration, needing no cues
From seductive signs, with diet
Of everyday care, friendship might
Become love. This too can feel right.
There is no better or worse way.
True love calls, but better to stay
Upright before starting to fall
As love can make more than one call.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling in Love. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Investing In Banks Or Companies Beware, Terence G. Craddock
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.