You're hard and unforgiving, like concrete,
cold, and expanding with the rising heat;
you scare the hell out of me and others,
and nearly everyone you've chanced to meet.
I have met the pavement and it's you!
unyielding, unpliable and too damn hard;
yet your surface looks unblemished,
polished, without wrinkles and unmarred.
Like the cover of a book, you glow,
in the pages, the real you comes alive;
and what was love is now destroyed,
by your bitterness and haughty pride.
Your the devil in disguise I do declare,
you profess to be a wife, but you are not;
Lucifer can appear as an angel of light,
but I can see the evidence of your rot.
Your the kind that can't forgive at all,
and I am sick of playing your cruel game;
I leave you to your conception of a life,
and the grand illusion of your every shame.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (False Cover by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI