Perhaps its not unreasonable to formulate this note
Addressed here with all due respect to Miss Paloma Sproat.
Life is important, false excuses are from truth remote,
Offer no consolation but they really get one's goat.
My trust I gave and it seems grave such sudden turn of coat,
Appointment made, request relayed, came not from me, no 'faute'
Seems from my side, no trust denied, or if there was, please quote!
Perhaps four calls appall when one to train times does devote
Real effort which is good will spurned, four calls ignored, he wrote!
Or maybe false impressions stemmed from hopes we might emote.
All said and done perhaps its best, yet there still seems a boat
That's missed, an opportunity which still retains my vote.
Postscript: herewith please find a smile that says the wings to fly
Shall yet be found as from dark ground may soar bright butterfly!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (False Impressions by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal