Perhaps its not unreasonable to formulate this note
Addressed here with all due respect to Miss Paloma Sproat.
Life is important, false excuses are from truth remote,
Offer no consolation but they really get one's goat.
My trust I gave and it seems grave such sudden turn of coat,
Appointment made, request relayed, came not from me, no 'faute'
Seems from my side, no trust denied, or if there was, please quote!
Perhaps four calls appall when one to train times does devote
Real effort which is good will spurned, four calls ignored, he wrote!
Or maybe false impressions stemmed from hopes we might emote.
All said and done perhaps its best, yet there still seems a boat
That's missed, an opportunity which still retains my vote.
Postscript: herewith please find a smile that says the wings to fly
Shall yet be found as from dark ground may soar bright butterfly!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (False Impressions by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMBLE WISHES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- EDUCATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The night is heavy, Emmanuel George Cefai