Families we all have who shower their love on us,
the love remains steady even when we behave like idiots.
Sometimes we are boring, lazy or extremely bad,
in spite of all this our families love us which seems sad.
We cannot chose our families like we chose friends,
but sometimes family members look like odds and ends.
There are some common things among them and us.
we may not admit but our families mould our lives.
We might end up looking like our great grandfathers,
having personalities of our great uncles.
We might have eccentricities like our granduncles,
and be called as similar family black sheeps.
If we ever ever feel mad with our families and want to run,
we should think before assigning them to our mind's dustbin.
Ask those who have no family, how much alone they are.
families are not made with an exchange offer.
renu kakkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Families by renu kakkar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen
- It Pushes It Out, Luis Estable
- Vatsyayana, You Had No Book To Write, Bu.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blood Is Never Water, Luis Estable