We begin as children,
Mature, leave our parent nest.
We give birth to our own children,
Who in turn grows up and continues when we rest.
This same process, has created in us, what we know as kindred.
Family circle…… this is by no means a sure miracle.
Family circle has been in existence for so long,
so automatic and with implacable regularity.
It has this binding structure, so strong,
that you can hardly detect its wrong.
Family circle…that focal point,
Upon which all generation has, and is built.
A temporary scheme of things that bears no guilt.
Family circle has been the tree,
upon which the human landscape is designed.
But today, dearly beloved, the case is different.
Today, family circles accelerates faster,
We tend to grow up sooner,
Leave home and marry sooner.
We tend to bear our own children sooner.
We now complete our parenthood more quickly,
we hurtle into tomorrow without minding the sorrows,
of a broken family circle.
ETSEREFE Goodluck Oghenerho.
GOODLUCK ETSEREFE's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FAMILY CIRCLE by GOODLUCK ETSEREFE )
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery