Brothers lend me your ears, and I’ll listen to you.
Sisters don’t cry for me, I’ll shed a tear for you.
Brothers come fight alongside me, and I’ll fight for you.
Sisters be there for me, and I’ll be here for you.
Brothers do the right thing for me, and I’ll be alright with you.
Sisters please don’t hate me, and I’ll always love you.
Brothers fight to the very end, and I’ll be your friend
Sisters don’t leave me now, I’ll stay here for you
Brothers when it gets dark, I’ll light your way.
Sisters please wait for me, I’ll be with you soon.
Mother Shine your light on your loving son
Father look for me now my life is done.
Brothers don’t die for me, like I died for you.
Sisters don’t pray for me, I never prayed for you.
Brothers you never needed me, like I needed you
Sisters be strong for me, I was too weak for you
Mother I can see you, but you can’t see me.
Father you can see me, but I don’t see you.
What do you see, when you look through me.
Gordon David's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family Life by Gordon David )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom