Brothers lend me your ears, and I’ll listen to you.
Sisters don’t cry for me, I’ll shed a tear for you.
Brothers come fight alongside me, and I’ll fight for you.
Sisters be there for me, and I’ll be here for you.
Brothers do the right thing for me, and I’ll be alright with you.
Sisters please don’t hate me, and I’ll always love you.
Brothers fight to the very end, and I’ll be your friend
Sisters don’t leave me now, I’ll stay here for you
Brothers when it gets dark, I’ll light your way.
Sisters please wait for me, I’ll be with you soon.
Mother Shine your light on your loving son
Father look for me now my life is done.
Brothers don’t die for me, like I died for you.
Sisters don’t pray for me, I never prayed for you.
Brothers you never needed me, like I needed you
Sisters be strong for me, I was too weak for you
Mother I can see you, but you can’t see me.
Father you can see me, but I don’t see you.
What do you see, when you look through me.
Gordon David's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family Life by Gordon David )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Sculpt The Bust & Torso Of The Unknown.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- jindagee, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- In The Dark, Michael P. McParland
- In My Heart, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Not Scared, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Not Fake, Michael P. McParland
- ANDHERA KITANA BHEE HO PHIR BHEE MUSKARA.., AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- I'm Me, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Lost, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Listening, Michael P. McParland