Far Too Many
Far too many with too little it has always been that way
And far too many have to struggle just to live from day to day
And far too many children never reach the adult stage
And people still dying of hunger in this enlightened age.
The majority of the wealth still owned by the privileged few
And that money speaks all languages still happen to be true
In a so called egalitarian society don't tell me all is fair
When so many workers are underpaid and so many on welfare.
With the increase in the human population comes the increase in poverty
And that for a few to grow wealthy many must grow poor doesn't seem just right to me
You make the horse work harder when you threaten him with the rod
And to keep the poor living in fear the wealthy invented god
A huge increase in poverty as the population grow
And that far too many have too little does this have to be so?
And far too many on low wages and far too many unemployed
And too many far too many in wars and famines have died.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Far Too Many by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Beg the Question xx xxx xx Original 1.., Lee Mack
- गोखा मोन्दांथि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mythic Implications Versus Contemporary .., Terence G. Craddock
- When Sin Could Never Be xx xxx xx Orir.., Lee Mack
- Tab Yaad Tumhari Aati Hai, Mithilesh Dixit
- Out Of The Light, Michael McParland
- Failure, Michael McParland
- Flat, Michael McParland
- macaroni cheese, lee fones
- Flowing Red River, Michael McParland