Leave me, my love, it's time to part
this paradise is not my portion.
I had to cross a bridge of flame whenever
I visited this land of bliss.
Yet I've been your life-long companion
since earliest youth and your tender years.
But now I come like a transient guest,
and go away like a bird of passage.
Has anyone drunken with love like us,
seen love like we have seen it ?
We built a thousand castles on our way,
Walked together on a moon-drenched road,
Where joy danced and leapt before us,
we gazed at the stars that fell, and we possessed them.
And we laughed like two children together,
ran and raced with our own shadows.
After this nectar's sweetness we awoke -
how I wished it had never been so !
Night's dreams had vanished, the night was ended
the night that used to be our friend.
The light of morning was an ominous herald ;
dawn loomed up like a wall of fire.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell by Ibrahim Naji )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Like Exupery's Rose, mary douglas
- The Phrase Where God Is Glad To Appear, mary douglas
- If I Could Tell The World Something, Tony Adah
- Pure Tangerine Is The Colour I Would Speak, mary douglas
- hell in life, mehdi izadkhah
- The Parish Carnival, Donal Mahoney
- Voice Prints Of The Angels On The Crysta.., mary douglas
- Rusted Dagger, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Folks Back East Got Your Letter, mary douglas
- The Many Coloured Bear At Rest In A Vari.., mary douglas